Name:
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom

26 year old ninja living in the picturesque village of Manchester, uk. Head geek for a child care company. Tall, dark and working on the handsome (much work still needed).

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Little Bit Warm

Those that know me generally know that i like the cold. Correction. I like cold weather. I'm usually toasty warm in such weather, clad in layers of black and big coats. This is because i am a mammal. I'm warm blooded which means i generate my own heat from the processes of my body. This heat, when trapped by clothing, then keeps me feeling warm and comfortable.

In times of heat i remove layers of clothing and even shock people with my lilly white legs in shorts. However, this does not cool me down. It only lessens the amount of heat my body retains. Its very hard to cool down when the weather is hot and the bodies chief method of doing so is via sweat. I hate, i hate absolutely hate, being hot and sweaty for any reason not connected to vigorous physical activity (e.g. ninja, claire). I despise getting hot and sweaty from just sitting around.

At present my green and noble island (Britain) is in the midst of a heat wave. I live in Manchester and highest temperature of today is 28 degrees C. It isn't yet midday and so temperature hasn't spiked yet but my office is already 30 degrees C and will only get hotter as the day goes on. My office (and most of Manchester it seems, is also breeze free, making the heat stifling and stuffy. Since i work for the Home Office we don't have fancy new gadgets like air conditioning.

I'm suffering, it amazes me that some of the people i work with don't actually mind the heat. They actually enjoy it. Freaks. I could understand it if we were all on the beach or by a pool and could throw ourselves in to cool off, or if we were doing something physical that would make us hot and sweaty but just sitting on our rumps typing? Thats not right.

I sincerely cannot wait for Autumn to turn up, kick summers butt and begin a long period of storms and cold weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home